Have you ever purchased an InDesign template?

DesignResearch

Hello!
Have you ever purchased an InDesign template? If so, would you be willing to share what type of template and what was the project? If you ever felt the need to purchase a template, not because they lack skills, but for other reasons, whether it’s for a client project or a personal passion project. This is for a research project. Thank You!

Not an InDesign template - but for some awkward clients that don't know what they want it's easier to shoehorn their copy into a template and send it to them.
These would be clients that don't have brand guidelines and just want something cheap and cheerful. So I'd whip up a template off a stock site and put their copy they supply with their images.

I wouldn't say I use the template - but rather follow the design of it - after purchasing it.

Typically they're a mess - bad colours, bad clipping paths, bad everything.

So they're not quite ready to use out of the box - and that's why I just follow the template rather than use it.

----
But typically create my own templates based on client needs, brand, logos, fonts and supplied matterial as they generalyy want same feel as rest of their stuf..

I've purchased templates before, but as above not neccessarily InDesign, they tend to be .eps. Usually for items like greetings cards or similar which I then amend as needed.

Back